They sold, they invested, yet no visible result. When will hotel ″Dvin″ be finally put into operation?
″Dvin″ one of Armenian erstwhile most gorgeous and most beautiful hotels was once ravishing with both its exterior and interior appearance. Due to its architectural flawless solutions the latter became one of the symbols of Yerevan in a short time, the construction of which started in 1979 and ended in 1984. Even the sculpture ″Dvin″ (by Ara Shiraz) earned State award (1979). During theSoviet Union times it had its own place. This ″Architectural giant″ was constructed, furnished and opened it’s doors within 5 years, but it hasn’t succeeded to repair (new buyer have destroyed almost everything) and beautify for more than 10 years.
Hotel ″Dvin″ with 1,5 hectare was sold to ”Caucausian communication group” company for 3 million dollars in 2003. They had promised to reconstruct a five-star hotel in five years by investing 30 million dollars. Five years passed soundless.
An agreement with the owner was signed this year as well, according to which the buyer is to finish reconstruction works in 2016 by investing 13,5 million dollars.
According to Ashot Markosyan, the deputy head of State Property Management Department, Dvin is one of the most important projects and the management office follows the investments.
To the question whether it’s true the that the owner doesn’t do his responsibility, Ashot Markosyan answered that it is false.
″The owner did his liabilities assumed in 2014. In case of not doing investments in hotel ″Dvin″, the government can sell it. We should admit that nowadays it’s difficult to do investments. And it’s more important to have five-star hotel here. To start using it a year later will not have a significant impact on the economy of Armenia. Since the main aim is to culminate in good results for the investments″, said Ashot Markosyan and added that there were some delays, financial problems, but it’s important to admit that the owner didn’t resigned the project and kept on doing investments.
Government remains the only step to suspension, because the government has always been forgiving towards investors.
The dust and the smoke, stones and empty walls are still filling ″Yerevan beauty’s days. We hope that this year will not be like those previous five, and hotel ″Dvin″ will overlook again Yerevan’s quietude from the high hill of Kond.
արին նման չի լինի նախորդ 5 տարվան, ու Դվին հյուրանոցը Կոնդի բլրից դարձյալ հպարտորեն կհսկի Երևանի անդորրը:
Suzanne Gareginyan ( Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London