Two films by Parajanov were included in the mandatory program to watch in Harvard University
Harvard University included the following films by Sergey Parajanov “Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors” (1964) and “The Color of Pomegranates ” (1969) in the mandatory list of films that candidates for Film Studies degree must watch. The list contains 20 films from the Soviet Union, among them also Alexander Sokurov’s film «Russian ark”, shot in 2002.
In addition to Parajanov’s films created in Soviet period, the following works have been also included in the above-mentioned list: Lev Kuleshov “According to the law” (1926), Dziga Vertov “Cine-Eye” (1924), Sergey Eyzeynshteyn “Battleship Potemkin” (1925), “Aleksandr Nevski” (1938), “Ivan the Terrible” (1st series, 1944), Vsevolod Pudovkin’s “Mother” (1926) and “The End of St. Petersburg” (1927), Aleksandr Dovghenko “Earth” (1930), Mikhail Kalatozov “The Cranes Are Flying” (1957), Grigori Chukhrai “Ballad of a soldier” (1959), Andrei Torkovski “Andrei Rublev” (1966), “Nostalghia” (1983), Sergey Bondarchuk ”War and Peace” (1967), Grigori Kozintsev ”King Lear” (1970), Larisa Shepitko ”The Ascent” (1976) and also 3 documentary films: Dziga Vertov ”Man with a Movie Camera” (1928), Viktor Turin ”Turksib” (1929), Mikhail Romm ” Ordinary Fascism” (1965).
Overall, the list consists of 800 best art, as well as documentary films of the world cinema.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London