“Map of Salvation”. Movie premier in Yerevan.
There was a premier of film Map of Salvation in Yerevan yesterday. This film was made to commemorate the 100thanniversary of the Armenian Genocide. It is worth to mention that director of the movie is Aram Shahbazyan, script writer is Anna Sargsyan and camera man is Artur Garayan. This film tells about five European missionaries sent to Osman Turkey and who were witnesses to the Armenian Genocide and First World War events. Anna Sargsyan said that mercy of missionaries rescued many children and helped to set up orphanages. “Yes, just because of their mercy. Those Europeans didn’t know Armenians but stayed in Osman Turkey to save lives despite being able to return to their homeland”. In interview with Artur Garayan he said that he used information from archives of Norway and Denmark when making the film. 100 minute film is based on true facts only. There is nothing similar ever been made in Armenian cinematography.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London