Alain Delon, Dustin Hoffman and Adrien Brody to star in a film about Armenian genocide
YEREVAN, (ARKA NEWS ) – A Russian Armenian movie producer Valery Saharyan is going to make a film about the Armenian Genocide starring Adrien Brody, Dustin Hoffman and Alain Delon, LifeNews says. Valery Saharyan is the CEO of Armenia Production. His grandmother was a genocide survivor. “She jumped into the burning tandoor (a cylindrical clay oven dug in the earth used in cooking and baking) being confident that she would die. But she survived and lived for 111 years, telling all the horrors she saw with her own eyes to me,’ Saharyan says.
He plans to make Delon a main character of his film titled “Patient”, which takes place in a psychiatric clinic in Paris. The protagonist is the Armenian composer Komitas, who after witnessing the horrors of the genocide, was not able to recover from the shock he experienced. He died after staying in the clinic for 20 years.
Saharyan recalls a trip to Armenia with Alain Delon, where near a monument to the victims of genocide the actor was so overcome with emotion that he broke into tears.
Saharyan recently contacted Serj Tankian, the winner of Grammy and former head of the System of a Down, who willingly agreed to write the soundtrack for the future film. The Oscar winner Adrien Brody is supposed to play the main part in the film.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London