Lake Van” International Film Festival is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
Lake Van” International Film Festival is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide For the 4th consecutive year, the “Lake Van” International Film Festival is held in Turkey, which carries this year the title “face the cultural heritage” and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. Because of the tension in the region this time the festival strayed of the schedule, starting on September instead of December. The date was not chosen at random. The first days of September are dedicated to Surb Khach Church in the island Akhtamar. This year films from the US, Iran, Turkey and Armenia are taking part in the festival. Armenia is the festival’s guest country. The program includes 11 feature and documentary films, among them the full-length film “1915” by Karin Hovhannisyan and Alex Muhibyan. The documentary film program is represented by Armen Gasparyan’s “Stolen Childhood”. The closing ceremony of the International Film Festival “Lake Van” will be held on December 12.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London