First Volume of ‘History of Armenia’ Series Published
“Hayots Dzor,” the first volume in the “History of Armenia” series was published on Wednesday. The book will be presented to the public Thursday, Samvel Karapetyan, Head of an organization that conducts research on Armenian architecture, told reporters today. The book is being translated into English and Russian.
This volume series aims to present the history of Armenia region by region (each of them village by village) for the first time in Armenian Studies.
The research is based on published sources and manuscripts in Armenian and foreign languages that have been accumulated for many decades, as well as on rich field material collected during the trips made to different parts of Metsn Hayk (Greater Armenia) since the late 1950s.
Each of these 36 volumes will be dedicated to a district of Historical Armenia, namely Armenia Maior and Armenia Minor (Mets Hayk and Pokr Hayk). Every volume will treat the history of the given district and that of all its inhabited places according to a specified set of subtitles (location, name, historical introduction, population, statistical data, employment, economy, churches, schools, historical monuments, prominent Armenians from the given place, etc.).
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London