Karanian to Present ‘Historic Armenia’ on May 31 at Oakland’s St. Vartan Church
The St. Vartan Armenian Apostolic Church of Oakland, Calif., will host a reception and book signing for Author Matthew Karanian and his groundbreaking new book “Historic Armenia After 100 Years” at noon on Sunday, May 31, as Asbarez.com reports. Karanian’s presentation will include photographs from Western Armenia and a discussion about the journey of creating this first-ever photographic guide to the historic and cultural sites of the Armenian homeland.
Karanian’s book, “Historic Armenia After 100 Years: Ani, Kars, and the Six Provinces of Western Armenia,” was released this year, and is the first book of its kind. The book features 125 color photographs and maps that illustrate the current condition of the churches and monasteries that still exist in Western Armenia.
Antique photographs from one century ago are also included, and demonstrate the destruction and vandalism that has occurred during the 100 years after the genocide.
Karanian says that the book “shines a light on the Western Armenia that defies eradication.” He portrays the book as a celebration of the historic Armenian homeland that has survived.
The book presentation is immediately following church services, and includes an optional lunch. Lunch tickets are available at the door for $15 adult, $10 child. The event is open to the public.
St. Vartan Armenian Apostolic Church is located at 650 Spruce Street, Oakland, Calif.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London