“Memories of Tomarza” the English version of the book on the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
As Journal Times reports, the English variant of “Memories of Tomarza” by Toros Madaghjian, resident of Wisconsin, was published in the United States of America to commemorate 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
The destruction of the Armenians of the Ottoman Empire sets the historical time for “Memories of Tomarza”. This book is a compilation of first hand, personal stories and memories collected 60 years ago from survivors who left Tomarza and settled in Wisconsin.
Toros Madaghjian immigrated to the United States in 1910 and was a resident of Racine Wisconsin until his death in 1989. “Memories of Tomarza” is his 1st book.
The book was originally published by the author in Armenian in 1959 to tell the stories and share memories with those who came from his village. It was published and submitted by his granddaughter, Janet Mrazek.
As a young man and throughout his life, Toros Madaghjian wrote his thoughts and ideas in many books he bound himself. He had a great love of books, both reading them and writing his own thoughts.The book was translated by Rev. Arten Ashjian into English and reprinted by the Madaghjian Family in May 2015, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. The book is available on Amazon.com. Samples of the book have been donated to the Racine Public Library and St. Mesrob Church Library.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London