Grant Dink’s house-campus for kids – “house of childhood” was demolished in Turkey.
Ermenihaber informed that summer house-campus for kids in Tuzla area of Istanbul was demolished today on the 6th of May. Grant Dink and his wife Rakel Dink used to live there.
Building machinery entered territory of famous kids house “Kamp Armen” (Armenian camp) and razed it to ground this morning despite protests and signatures collected in internet. This camp was very important part of Armenian heritage that got seized by Turkish Government. According the Law that passed four years ago all possessions of small nations seized 79 years ago must be returned to original owners. However Turkish Government ignores everything related to Armenians. This story have got long roots since 1915 when there were no Armenian schools left in Anatolia more than 1500 pupils lived and studied here. It had been many years since this school was transferred into summer kids camp. This building was bought my Armenian Government in 1961 by the initiative of Armenian Protestant Church that lo9oked after this small Armenian place.
However Turks committed this crime and demolished kids summer camp to build villas.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London