Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide in Istanbul. According to Lenta.ru website with reference to T-online.de, the orchestra also invited the Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu and Minister of Culture and Tourism Nabi Avci.
The concert will be held in Istanbul on November 13, in Consulate of Federal Republic of Germany. The individual invitation letters of the President, the Prime Minister and members of the Cabinet of Ministers are at the disposal of the DPA news agency, which reported that the concert will be dedicated to the “Armenian and Turkish past wounds.” The orchestra will perform the work “Disaster” which is dedicated to the Armenian Genocide in the Ottoman Empire. Within the scope of this event the establishment of the “Armenian-Turkish-German Friendship Society” will take place. Senior officials are offered to confirm their participation in the event before November 5.
According to DPA report, Germany’s Foreign Ministry declined to comment on the situation around the concert. Report says that in the last few months there was a wave of protests in Turkey against this project, which is funded by the EU and the German Foreign Ministry. RIA Novosti reports that Dresden Symphonic Orchestra is planning to perform “Disaster” composition in Belgrade and Yerevan.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London