The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
President of the Belgium Senate Christine Defraigne and members of the delegation she headed, are on official visit in Armenia. RA NA Deputy Speaker Hermine Naghdalyan and the head of NA Armenian-Belgium parliamentary friendship group Shirak Torosyan accompanied the delegation to visit the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Tsitsernakaberd.
Christine Defraigne and members of the delegation laid a wreath to the Genocide Monument on behalf of the Belgium Senate, bowed flowers to the Eternal Fire and honoured the memory of the martyrs with minute of silence.
The guests visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute, got acquainted with the documents evidencing about the Armenian Genocide, and wrote in the guest book.
Christine Defraigne, by noting that Belgium was the first country that recognized and condemned the Armenian Genocide, also added. “We continue our work in the Senate and stress the importance of the adoption of a law criminalizing the Armenian Genocide denial, which is necessary for victims and for the descendants of Armenian Genocide perpetrators. We wish that the Armenian and Turkish communities gather together one day. “
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London