Charles Aznavour. “Pope Francis is a strong man”
Not many nations can boast with such exceptional talents whose work has influenced or changed the whole area in which they worked.
Charles Aznavour. This man was able to carry out the above and his name is positively correlated with the word Armenia. His amazing personality with almost a century-old professional background, he still continues releasing new songs, CDs, and even in his old age has not forgotten his roots.
One hundred percent Armenian and hundred percent French (so Aznavour speaks of himself), with the headline on French TV channel «Le Parisien TV» addressed the topic of the Armenian Genocide, in particular for the liturgy, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, and of course the word ‘genocide’ uttered from the mouth of Pope Francis.
In response to all this, Aznavour said curtly: “Pope is a strong man.”
“We need to recognise not only the Armenian Genocide, but also all other nations who experienced such tragedy, so this will not happen again,” – said Aznavour. He hopes that Turkey will take the first step that will be remembered for a long time.
In another interview, given to Europe 1 radio station, Aznavour was asked: What is going to change if the Pope recognizes the Armenian Genocide?
– It could change a lot and I am sure that it will … or Turkish youth will revolt, because they want to know the whole truth, but not to live in such captivity…
And how much humanism this legendary man found in him lastly by disregarding the sensitive side of the matter and saying, “No way, I do not hate the Turks” …
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London