76 years old Ucle Grisha is walking to Victory Parade from Armenia to Moscow
76 years old Grigoriy Tepoyan who asked to be called “Uncle Grisha” is walking from Yerevan to Moscow. Here is now somewhere around the capital of Russia. He wants to put flowers to the grave of the Unknown Soldier on this Victory Day on the 9th of May. He wants to dedicate this trip to everyone died in war as TV Chanel “Mir” says.
Five men in Tepoyan family did not came back home from war. Among them was Grigoriy’s father. Junior Lieutenant Unan Tepoyan died near Dnepropetrovsk in December 1943. He was only 30 years old.
Uncle Grish as he calls himself is already near Moscow. He has already walked two thousand kilometres. He had been planning this trip for a year exercising and walking a lot. His wife and daughter didn’t let him go so he had to trick them. On the 22nd of March when everyone was asleep he left his house in Yerevan.
Grigorit Teponyan says: “I left in the night and walked straight to bus station where I got into the car to Georgia to my father’s house and it was too late for them to do anything”.
He father left for war from village Alastyan and that is the reason Uncle Grish started his journey from that point. Long distance truck driver helped him to cross Caucasian mountains to Russian border and then he walked. North Osetia, Krasnodar, Rostov, Voronej, Lipeck, Tula. Uncle Grisha walked 40-50 kilometres a day with little breaks every couple hours.
He walked same direction as public transport and then walked towards it. This was the only way to avoid drivers trying to give him a lift as soon as they notice his backpack saying “70 years of Victory”. He wanted to walk all the way.
Many people helped Uncle Grisha on his way. He eat in cafes by the roads, slept for four hours a day in motels, petrol stations and in trucks. He almost got killed by lorry driver who fell asleep, got robbed twice but there many people who just wanted to give him handshake as “Vesti-Moscow” says.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London