All-Armenian Fund Unveils Two More Community Centers in Artsakh
The Hayastan All-Armenian Fund delegation, led by Executive Director Ara Vardanian and comprising trustees, representatives of affiliates worldwide, benefactors, and associates, visited Artsakh’s Askeran Region yesterday on May 22 to unveil two newly built community centers, in the villages of Khachmach and Shosh.
The construction of the Khachmach community center has been made possible by the financial support of the fund’s Lebanese, Brazilian, Dutch, Greek, and Cypriot affiliates as well as the government of Artsakh. The two-story facility, which houses the mayor’s office, a health clinic, a 150-seat events hall, and a computer room, will serve the 233 residents of the village.
The Shosh community center was built through the co-sponsorship of the fund’s French affiliate and the government of Artsakh. Encompassing the mayor’s office, a health clinic, a library, a computer room, and an events hall, the structure is poised to help improve life in the community, which has a population of 610. The festive opening ceremonies were headed by the Artsakh Prime Minister Ara Harutyunian.
Another project in Shosh, the community school, which was built with the sponsorship of the fund’s Toronto affiliate, enjoys the continued support of Toronto Armenians. A few months ago, the campus underwent extensive renovations and has a brand new look a decade after its construction.
Within the framework of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund Board of Trustees’ annual meeting in Yerevan, a delegation led by Executive Director Ara Vardanian and comprising trustees, representatives of affiliates worldwide, benefactors, and associates began a string of project-site visits and opening ceremonies of newly completed projects in Artsakh and Armenia. The events, which were kicked off in Artsakh on May 20, will continue through May 25.
The delegation traveled to Artsakh via the Vardenis-Martakert Highway. A large-scale construction project, the highway will be fully paved this year, as planned for the second phase of implementation.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London