Armenian-Canadian Gerard Keledjian to receive Pioneers for Change Award 2015
Armenian-Canadian, Gerard Keledjian is one of this year’s six recipients of Skills for Change’s (SfC) 2015 Pioneers for Change (PfC) Awards.
With a history in broadcast, print, online and social media, Gerard will be recognized in the “Excellence in Innovation” category during the annual award ceremony to be held on 11 June, 2015.
Keledijian is the Editor at Prepare for Canada, a website focusing on job preparedness and settlement first steps of newcomers to the country. He is the Founder and Executive Producer of New Horizons Media, a video production company for Canadian non-profits and small businesses. In April 2015, Gerard launched NEW CANADIANS, a web and TV show dedicated to newcomers to Canada and would-be immigrants. Prior to that, in 2012 he had launched Toronto’s first TV series – Introducing Toronto – dedicated to Canadian immigrants which was broadcast on Rogers TV.
A multi-faceted media professional, he blogs at The Immigrant and regularly contributes to a number of Canadian publications. Keledijian has a degree in Journalism and is the Chair of New Canadian Media Professionals’ Network (NCMP).
The PfC Fundraiser Gala and Awards will take place on Thursday, June 11 2015, at the St James Cathedral Hall in Toronto, from 6-10pm.
The fundraising gala will bring together 200 business, civic and community leaders, as well as other activists for an evening of networking and performances to celebrate the achievements of this year’s Honourees and Award Recipients.
Member for Parliament for Toronto-St.Paul, Carolyn Bennett, will speak during the opening ceremony and other civic leaders will also attend the event.
The Awards are hosted by Skills for Change (SfC), who for over 32 years has supported the integration and well-being of immigrants and refugees in Canada. SfC provides settlement services, professional immersion, language, capacity building and other services that help newcomers overcome the obstacles of settling in Canada.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London