Karabakh president congratulates on First Republic Day
STEPANAKERT. – President of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Bako Sahakyan issued a congratulatory message on the day of the First Armenian Republic.
On behalf of the Artsakh Republic’s authorities and myself personally I cordially congratulate you on the Day of the First Armenian Republic.
May 28, 1918 has become a turning point in our nation’s millennia-long history that has changed radically its course. Armenian people, who survived for hundreds of years without a statehood, having passed through suffering and genocide, managed to bring together all of its potential and find a way out of a seemingly hopeless situation. There was only one path – to create and protect our own independent statehood.
The heroic battles of Sardarapat, Bash Aparan and Gharakilisa returned the former glory of the Armenian warrior, the hope and faith of our nation towards the future. In the early 20th century the foundations of democracy were laid in Armenia with the first public institutions and symbols created and parliamentary elections held. The First Armenian Republic survived for a short period of time in harsh and complicated geopolitical and socioeconomic conditions. However, it has left a great heritage and provided history lessons for generations.
The Armenian nation has had numerous losses at the crossroads of history. Nevertheless, sustaining the blows of the destiny our nation has become much stronger and wiser. The steadily developing Armenian states, the Armenia-Artsakh-Diaspora unshakable trinity, our powerful and triumphant army are the best proves of that. We must keep and cherish our achievements together and with joint efforts, putting the state and national interests above everything else.
On this festive day I once again congratulate our entire nation, our sisters and brothers from Armenia, Artsakh and the Diaspora, and I wish everybody peace, robust health and all the best”.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London