New York Museum of Jewish Heritage to mark Armenian Genocide centennial
As the Armenian Assembly of America reports,a few days ago Robert M. Morgenthau, Chairman Emeritus of the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York, led a commemoration of the Armenian Genocide at the Museum.
The ceremony included remarks from Mr. Morgenthau, Carnegie Corporation President Vartan Gregorian, and His Eminence Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Diocese of the Armenian Church of America (Eastern). The program featured an excerpt from the award-winning PBS documentary Morgenthau and a musical performance by pianist Hayk Arsenyan, followed by a reception.
The program was made possible through the generous support of Museum Trustee Peter S. Kalikow.
On April 24, 1915, Ottoman officials ordered the deportation of Armenian intellectuals from Constantinople – a devastating blow that stripped the beleaguered community of the ability to defend itself. Word of the atrocity that befell the Armenians a century ago was spread, in no small part, by Henry Morgenthau Sr., the American ambassador to the Ottoman Empire and the grandfather of the Museum’s Chairman Emeritus, Robert M. Morgenthau. Remembering the Armenian Genocide has always been important for the Museum. Hitler was infamously said to have asked, “Who, today, remembers the annihilation of the Armenians?”
In holding this ceremony, the Museum affirmed its commitment to remember.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London