՛՛Kochari՛՛ Armenian folk dance is on the list of intangible Cultural heritage of UNESCO.
Asmik Pogosyan, Minister of Culture of Armenia said in her interview of 16th of May that in 2015 Armenia will submit a request to include Kochari on the list of intangible Cultural heritage of UNESCO which will be thus officially recognizing it as Armenian traditional dance.
Minister said that the application had already been filled up and sent to UNESCO. “We are waiting to discuss the matter” she said. Earlier Lavash (traditional Armenian bread) was inscribed on UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, making it 4th Armenian cultural value being added. ‘’Besides that it’s a cultural achievement for us, but it’s also a great victory that will keep strong our national identity’’ she added.
Lavash was accepted onto the list of intangible Cultural heritage of UNESCO in 2014. Application was filled up in 2013 and went through all procedures and inquiries. The decision was made on the 26th of November 2014 on the 9th session of International Committee of UNESCO in Paris according to Convention of Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural heritage. Nowadays the Armenian folk dance Kochari is the most preserved and propagated dance of Armenian Highland. Particular dance movements imitate jumps of lambs and goats which have been kept since ancient days as it is the same with Armenian language which still keeps the purity of its linguistic roots.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London