Mexican Museum of Memory and Tolerance to hold Exhibition Dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
The Museum of Memory and Tolerance in Mexico, that has always aimed to point out the crimes and austerity towards people with its exhibitions since its foundation, also focused its attention on the first massacre of the 20th century : the Armenian Genocide.
On April 17 it held an exhibition called “Armenia: an open wound”, the main aim of which is to inform people about the half and a million Armenians killed in World War I.
Khose Sarukhan, whose family suffered the Genocide, and who is the director of Mexico University, made speech at the exhibition, mentioning that the crime realized by Ottoman Turkey is an undeniable fact and it’s the high time for everyone to face the history and accept it.
The doors of the museum are open for visitors till September 6, where about 80 exhibits will be performed: photos, videos, records and other historical objects.
It’s of interest, that there is a practical room for children (from 4 to 11 year), where excursions are held through games. Everything is done to raise respect and tolerance in children toward people.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London