Ararat-Eskijian Museum to Screen PBS Documentary on Armenia
On Friday, June 6th, 2014 at 7:30 pm, Emmy award winning director Joseph Rosendo will screen “Digging Into the Future – Armenia” at Ararat-Eskijian Museum — Sheen Chapel, 15105 Mission Hills Road, Mission Hills CA, 91345.
The documentary is an archeological expedition to Armenia. It turns viewers on to the thrill of discovery while making genuine human connections with a people’s past and the present. Host Joseph Rosendo explains, “We chose Armenia as the first in the series, as few Americans are aware of Armenia’s rich history and do not know of its beautiful landscape. The beauty, the cuisine, the drinks, and most importantly, the spirit of the people is very impressive. It was exciting to be in a country which has survived and overcome so many challenges.”
For this adventure Rosendo joins archaeologists from UCLA’s Cotsen Institute, which is dedicated to the creation, dissemination, and conservation of archaeological knowledge and heritage. “I think the film will be interesting to many who like to explore new countries. Armenia is a fantastic country, a wonderful place with an interesting history, tasty food and beautiful people. In the film we put a special emphasis on the rich cultural heritage and history, not forgetting to mention about the Armenian Genocide,” said Charles Stanish, Director of the Institute.
Travelscope’s Emmy-award winning director Joseph Rosendo has been a travel, food and wine journalist and a travel broadcaster for more than 30 years. Since 2007, he has hosted, directed and written “Joseph Rosendo’s Travelscope,” the award-winning PBS travel television series.
For more information about the event, call (818) 838-4862 or e-mail ararat-eskijian-museum.netzero.net
Admission is free; donations welcome.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London