“Museums unite us”. Programs “Night of Museums” and “International ” Day of Museums» was held
The pan-European event «Night of Museums» will be held in the framework of the International Day of Museums, celebrated on May 18. 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of this event.
May 18 is celebrated as the International Day of Museums beginning with 1977 at the initiative of the International Council of Museums. The goal is to raise the role of museums in the social-cultural life of society. And the «Night of Museums» is held beginning with 2005 at the initiative of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of France. The goal is to provide the visitors with free of charge visit to the museums, providing the availability of culture for all the strata of the society. The geography of the event is being expanded every year not only in Europe, but also in Armenia. It is held in Artsakh for the 2ndyear already.
This year, the number of participating museums is symbolic, as 100 museums of Armenia and Artsakh will be open at this night. The slogan of the event «Museums unite us»fully corresponds to its mission, uniting people around one idea, which is evidenced by the increasing number of visits annually.
The digital program «Geghaditak» has been introduced in the framework of the event «Night of Museums». This program allows visitors to see the selfies made by cell phones of the visitors in different European museums.
On May 17 a visit to the Historical and Archaeological Museum «Erebuni» was organized in cooperation with the City Hall of Yerevan. The tour included visits to Yerevan History Museum, Museum of History of Armenia, National Gallery of Armenia, Museum of Art and Literature, National Museum-Institute of Architecture, Museum-Institute of A. Tamanyan, ASPU Museum, Armenian Revolutionary Federation Museum, State Museum of Nature of Armenia, «Aguletsi» Foundation.
Students of Armenian State Pedagogical Institute and National University of Architecture and Construction worked as volunteers at some of the museums till midnight.
On may 17 Yerevan Metro was closed on 01:00.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London