Anna Vinickaya. «Walking through the streets of Yerevan I was delighted with people’s’ warm and open attitude»
Within the framework of Aram Khachaturyan International Festival the Russian famous pianist Anna Vinickaya visited Armenia and had a concert with the orchestra on Saturday evening. The pianist in spite of her young age was able to “take over” many prestigious stages and became the winner of such prestigious competitions like Queen Elisabeth International Competition for young musicians in Belgium.
In the interview with Culture.AM Vinickaya said that she had gotten the offer to have concerts in Yerevan three years ago, when within the framework of Denis Matsuev Festival had met with the Artistic Director of Armenian State Youth orchestra Sergey Smbatyan. However, she regretted to mention that until then had no opportunity to perform on “the Armenian scene”.
She honestly said that due to time constraints she was unable to see the capital the way she wanted, but what she managed so far was sufficient for her to form exceptionally positive opinion about Armenians. Wandering through the streets of Yerevan, she remained delighted with people’s’ warm and open attitude, for example, when she asked a passerby for something and got such a welcoming answer, Vinickaya then realized how open-hearted and very helpful are the Yerevanians.
Speaking about the festival Anna Vinickaya said that had heard about the “Khachaturian’s Day” long time ago and knew that only first class and world famous musicians participate in this festival. She added that also was very happy to be part of it (the interview was taken before the concert). In the official website of Anna Vinickaya you can see her busy concert schedule. Moreover, until the first quarter of next year, she will be performing two concerts each week in different parts of the world. To our question whether she has any time to rest, Mrs. Vinickaya answered that unfortunately no time is left for that as she is also a professor at the High School of Music and somehow trying to keep the balance and “not to lose mind”.
Mariam Mnatsakanyan (Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London