Gianluca Marciano will attend the premiere of Verdi’s “Requiem” in Artsakh
On the 1st of September the famous Italian conductor Gianluca Marciano will attend the premiere of Verdi’s “Requiem” in Artsakh which will be held in the Renaissance Square in Stepanakert. Gianluca Marciano will visit Artsakh according to the invitation of the First Lady of the Republic of Armenia. Maestro attaches a great importance to Artsakh premiere of “Requiem”, as this cultural event speaks the universal language of music and unites nations calling for peace and harmony.
Gianluca Marciano said that he had no fear to appear in the black list of Azerbaijan. “The project which will take place on September 1st promotes peace, and I am very excited to be part of it. I cannot be stopped by any political questions. This is a project that calls for the opening of the borders and living in peace, so not a single artist, to my mind, is able to refrain from participating”- noticed Maestro.
Gianluca Marciano is one of the four conductors that on 24th of April led the World Orchestra “24/04″ at the concert dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. Answering the question if he is afraid of problems with Turkey, the ban on entry into the country, the conductor said that he would be concerned if the financial and career issues would be of greater value to him than human relations and cultural matters: “Since I do not have such a position, I am not afraid to perform at a concert in memory of victims of genocide and I will visit Karabakh as well. If any country has a problem with me, because I am an artist creating for peace, it is a problem of this certain country and not mine”.
Gianluca Marciano also noted that on 14th of November during the Aram Khachaturian International Festival he will perform in Yerevan, presenting Mahler’s Symphony N 1. He added that he is familiar to the works of Armenian composers and is presenting some of them. “My dream is to perform Aram Khachaturian’s Symphony N 2. I plan to perform works by Armenian composers not only in Armenia but also abroad, “- said Gianluca Marciano.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London