Concerts of Youth Orchestra at Austrian “Brucknerfest ” and Musikverein
On 18th and 21st of September the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia (Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Sergey Smbatyan) performed with concerts at the famous scenes of Austria. The first concert was held on 18th of September in Linz, in the framework of Brucknerfest International Festival. It should be noted that every year this Festival gathers the most famous musicians in the world, as well as Linz is famous for its musical traditions and exquisite public.
On 21st of September the State Youth Orchestra performed in one of the world-renowned concert halls – at Vienna’s Musikverein. Both concerts were performed in the framework of project named “Roots of Revival”, presented by the composer and musical director Vig Zartman and which is dedicated to the Armenian Genocide victims.
“Roots of Revival” introduces Armenian rich musical culture, which reflects the long history of the Armenian people – its birth, tragedy and rebirth. Together with the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia also performed Liana Aleksanyan (soprano), Nareh Arghamanyan (piano), Emmanuel Hovhannisyan (duduk) and Art Vocal Ensemble of Armenia. The audience had the opportunity to enjoy an interesting mix of folk, spiritual and classical music and to be involved in a unique journey.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London