Khachaturian feast is over. First prize went to Serbia
It was a real holiday for music-lovers for almost a week: this year ‘’Khachaturian competition’’ has united 25 violinists from 17 countries. The competition consisted of 3 stages and the final chord of it took place in the Opera House.
”Khachaturian revelry is over and this celebration made us enjoy a lot of happy moments”, in her speech said musician Nona Voskanyan. The chairman of jury Eduard Tadevosyan mentioned that one of the aims of this competition is to make Khachaturian’s music audible in all over the world. Shahen Shahinyan, rector of YSC, supported this opinion and added that each year almost 25 participants get to know and learn Khachaturian’s music and in the future they include it in their concerts.
Special prizes were given before announcing the prizewinners’ names.
*For the Best Performance of Bach compositions- Ani Parsadanyan-Armenia
* Best Performance of Paganini’s works- Iva Miletich- Serbia
* Best Performance of Aram Khachaturian’s “Song-Poem”- Andrea Obiso-Italy
* Best Performance of Aram Khachaturian’s “Dance”- Ani Parsadanyan-Armenia
* Best Performance in the First stage- Elena Tarosyan-Russia
*Classical Sonata Best performance- Pierre Prapier- France
* Competition Revelation- Areg Navasardyan-Armenia
* “Return to Roots” special prize- David Ardukhanyan- Russia
*Admiration of Audiences- Mariam Vardanyan- Armenia
* The Best Concertmaster- Karmen Hovhannisyan
*Special Award- Ruben Asatryan /Conductor/
*Special Award- SYOA
According to Jury decision, the five participants, who passed into the final got honorary places
*Third prize- MARIAM VARDANYAN (Armenia) and PIERRE PRAPIER (France)
*Second prize- DAVID ARDUKHANYAN (Russia) and ANDREA OBISO (Italy)
*First prize – IVA MILETICH (Serbia)
The Serbian violinist got the first prize was also presented a violin made in 1825 for a year usage. As soon as Khachaturian’s genius music started to sound the audience’s opinion shared. For the sake of justice, it must be noticed, that Miletic’s performance was not greatly impressive, may be because of additional speediness and lack of mastery. Khachaturian competition has had virtuoso performers, even there have been winners, who after deserving encores for three times had to come back to the stage to earn the unstoppable applauses. It should be noted, that this year the competition has winner, but not a virtuoso-performer still it does not depreciate the importance of the competition. The competition was supported by CULTURE.AM, which covered up this highly organized event by means of series of photos, interviews and articles.
Photos by Mariam Ghazanchyan (Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London