Vag Papian : “Khachaturian Festival is an expected event, full of bright shades and interesting programs”.
The concert of the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia held on 28th of November within the framework of Khachaturian Festival and led by renowned conductor Vag Papian, was exceptional and unique in the sense of the fact that Mr. Papian performed both as a conductor and a soloist.
During the mentioned concert evening, in the context of the 3rd Khachaturian International Festival, the following compositions have been included: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – “The Magic Flute” Overture, Piano Concerto No.21 (Soloist – Vag Papian), Camile Saint-Saens – Symphony No.3 “Organ Symphony” (Hovhannes Manukyan/organ).
For his part, Vag Papian stated with joy that Khachaturian Festival has been held for the 3rd year in a row and with a great success. According to maestro’s words the Festival is awaited event with its variegated colors and interesting performances. He is especially pleased with the existence of an active musical life in Yerevan. Speaking about the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia, Vag Papian underlined that year after year he sees large increase of professionalism: “Following the Youth Orchestra, I notice outlined path which they are consciously passing.”
The Head of Yerevan State Conservatory Piano Department, Professor Suren Zakaryan emphasized that Vag Papian is a phenomenon in the world of performing arts and we should be proud that we have a musician like him. “We have to cherish and preserve this treasure and get pleasure from his art. Rarely happens that the same person is both a brilliant conductor and pianist. Vag Papian is one of those unique artists.”
Musicologist Nonna Voskanyan mentions that Vag Papian is a prominent and popular name in the whole world; he presents the music in a unique and exciting manner.
It should be noted that Vag Papian is the laureate of Vianna da Motta International Music Competition (1979). He studied at the Moscow State and St. Petersburg Conservatories and started career of pianist in 1980. In 1984 Vag Papian premiered as a conductor. In the same year the Philharmonic Orchestra of Armenia invited him as a 2nd conductor and later, from 1987 to 1989, as an artistic director and principal conductor. In 1991 Vag Papian presented as the conductor of the Beer Sheva Symphony Orchestra, as well as directed Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra. The geography of his performances includes 49 countries all around the world, together with the most prestigious orchestras. From 2008 to 2013 Vag Papian has been the artistic director and principal conductor of Kazakhstan State Orchestra. Since 2006 up today he is the director of Ashdod Symphony Orchestra.
Vag Papian collaborated with Gergiev, Korsakov, Kogan, Hvorostovsky, Tretiakov and other famous musicians. As a part of ensemble Vag Papian performs with violinist Maxim Vengerov.
The organizer of the 3rd Khachaturian International Festival is the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia (general partner VivaCell-MTS), it is held under the patronage of RA President Serzh Sargsyan. The Festival is realized with the assistance of the Ministry of Culture. The festival is sponsored by “Pyunik” Charitable Foundation, “Luding” and “Jermuk Group” Companies and “Ani Plaza”.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London