Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
On November 12-15, in the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Armenian Culture Days were held. According to the RA Ministry of Culture, the official opening ceremony of culture days took place at the Gomhoria Hall of Cairo Opera House with Armenian State Dance and “Shoghakn” Ensembles. There were also concerts in the cities of Alexandria and Damanhour. Along with this, a week of Armenian films was held.
The Armenian delegation was headed by Deputy Minister of Culture Nerses Ter-Vardanyan. In Cairo N. Ter-Vardanyan met with Egyptian Culture Minister Helmy al-Namnam, Egyptian Minister of Tourism Yehia Rashed, Supreme Council of Antiquities Mustafa Amin Mustafa. During the meetings there were discussions on joint film production, literary translations, cooperation in the digitalization of libraries, museums, educational programs, archaeological excavations and other spheres.
Armenian delegation also visited Cairo St. Gregory the Illuminator church and the Armenian Diocese. During the visit to the RA Embassy in Egypt, there have been presentations of books published in the recent years with the state funding for the Egyptian-Armenian community.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London