British premiere of Tigran Jukhajyan’s “Karine” operetta to take place in London on August 14
The British premiere of Tigran Jukhajyan’s “Karine” operetta will take place in London on August 14.
As Arminfo reports, Zhirayr Papazyan, the director, has said that the operetta will be staged in London on August 14 and 15. The premiere of “Karine” was held in France in May 2010 at Theatre of Saint-Maur (Paris) and Theatre de L’Odeon (Marseille). In November 2015, the operetta will be staged in Alfortville, France.
The director notes that “Karine” will be performed in English for the first time. The audition is not over yet, but it is known that the lead role will be performed by a singer of Greek descent.
“Leblebiji” was written in 1875 and is considered to be the most popular operetta of Chukhajyan. The premiere of the operetta took place on November 17, 1875, at Francais Theater. Afterwards it was successfully staged in Constantinople and Transcaucasia. “Leblebiji” was renamed into “Karine” during the Soviet years.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London