Concert commemorates Armenian Genocide
Four-time JUNO Award winner Isabel Bayrakdarian
Press & Guide, Detroit – The Armenian Genocide Centennial Committee of Michigan presents Grammy Award-nominated Armenian Canadian soprano Isabel Bayrakdarian in concert with her husband, pianist Serouj Kradjian, and the Henrik Karapetyan String Quartet in ”My Songs, My Heritage”.
Concert selections include Armenian sacred hymns, folk songs, chamber music and 20th century songs, with English surtitles.
Bayrakdarian, a Canadian of Armenian heritage, immigrated to Canada as a teen. She graduated from the University of Toronto cum laude with a degree in biomedical engineering science in 1997, the same year she was a winner of the Metropolitan Opera National Council auditions.
Her opera career, now in its second decade, makes her an eagerly anticipated artist at opera houses and concert halls worldwide. Celebrated for her multi-hued voice as well as her beauty, presence and style, Bayrakdarian’s career expands beyond opera.
She is a featured vocalist on the Grammy-award winning soundtrack of Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers, and topped Billboard charts as a guest soloist with the Canadian band Delerium on their 2007 Grammy nominated dance remix Angelicus.
Bayrakdarian won four consecutive Juno Awards, presented to Canadian musical artists for outstanding achievement in the recording industry, from 2004 to 2007, for classical album of the year, vocal or instrumental, for Azulao, Cleopatra, Viardot-Garcia: Lieder Chansons Canzone Mazurkas, and Mozart: Arie e Duetti.
Bayrakdarian received a Grammy nomination for the BBC-produced short film HOLOCAUST – A Music Memorial Film from Auschwitz. She was also the focus of a Canadian television Gemini-nominated film, A Long Journey Home, documenting her first trip to Armenia.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London