Filling the air with Jewish music with the spirit of an Armenian
The 10th “National Gallery” International Music Festival is full of surprises, and one of those surprises was the “Armenian-Jewish Music Crossroads” concert that was held today with special guest, composer Willy Weiner.
During the concert, pianist Hayk Melikyan shone with his performances of the works of Jewish composers.
Talking about his performance of the works of foreign composers, Hayk mentioned that the only difficulty with that is being able to feel the air of Jewish music and the Jewish folklore since there are some things that are only characteristic of the Jews. “It took a while for me to be able to perceive everything Jewish. It’s not only about the music, but other spheres of Jewish art and the history of the Jews,” the pianist mentioned, adding that giving a concert is always a celebration for him.
During the concert, Hayk performed the works of Willy Weiner, Ayal Adler, Amos Elcana and Benjamin Yusupov, filling the hall with the air of the Jews.
In the end, the festival’s creator Mariam Shahinyan added that she’s pleased with the fact that more and more young people have been participating in the festival throughout the past decade.
The festival was launched on May 7th and will end on June 3rd.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London