Hamazkayin to Stage ‘Music From Armenia’ for Cello and Piano
The Hamazkayin Music Committee members would like to urge you not miss a unique, exquisite concert they are presenting called “Music from Armenia”. Dedicated to the Centennial of the Armenian Genocide, it will take place on Sunday, March 15 at 6:30 pm, at the Glendale Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Louise St., Glendale.
As Armenian communities around the world continue to seek healing and reparation for their tragedy and losses, this event is yet another way to comfort our souls and strengthen our spirit.The Canadian duo of pianist Patil Harboyan and cellist Heather Tuach will perform works by Armenian composers Alexander Arutiunian, Arno Babajanian, Haro Stepanian and Komitas. The works to be presented in the program are recorded in their CD, recently released by Divine Art Records in England, and is called “MUSIC FROM ARMENIA”. This publication received great reviews and generated wonderful enthusiasm amongst both Armenian and non-Armenian musical societies. It helped the acknowledgement and the showcasing of great Armenian music.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London