«I probably owe to my Armenian roots for music». Krzysztof Penderecki
Renowned composer Krzysztof Penderecki, whose grandmother immigrated from Isfahan, is in his homeland for the fourth time. The visit’s purpose is to participate at the 10th Anniversary concert of the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia. After the press conference with the orchestra’s principal conductor Sergey Smbatyan, in spite of being in a hurry, Penderecki agreed to share his thoughts with Culture.AM. He is here for a short period but still assures that every time he experience unique feelings while being in Armenia.
He notes with regret that had no chance to stay longer for touring in Armenia, seeing the sights of the country about which he often heard. To the question on how he would characterize Armenia and the Armenians, Maestro replied with a smile: «In my opinion I haven’t been here for such a long time and therefore did not have much opportunity to communicate with Armenians in order to characterize them and then express my precise thoughts on this. Nevertheless I am confident that everything is still to come and one day my wife and I will come to Armenia in the hope to ramble along to enjoy my grandmother’s homeland».
Numerous awards winner Maestro, who managed with his art the world to be shaken, tells in a peculiar to him calm manner that he feels now emotionally relieved as he fulfilled his sense of duty by writing music which is dedicated to Armenian Genocide «I believe that art would not be able to change the world and solve such historical issues, however I did what I could». Before he left, we tried to find out whether there was any trait in his character that is specific or similar with Armenians. Maestro answered without long thinking: «Well, I think I probably owe to my Armenian roots for music».
Vahagn Hakobyan (Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London