In Baku, Ara Gevorgyan’s composition called ‘‘Artsakh’’ is once again presented as Azerbaijani
Azerbaijani media has once again tried to mislead its readers. This time it has presented the Armenian musical composition “Artsakh” composed by Ara Gevorgyan as Azerbaijani. It is noteworthy that it has even caused the outrage of Azerbaijani users of Facebook.
Thus, on “News of Azerbaijan” Facebook page, where the articles of “Oxu.az” portal appear, a video titled “Karabakh – the pearl of Azerbaijan” was published. In this video-record the composition “Artsakh” written by the Armenian composer Ara Gevorgyan sounds. In the same time the portal says that allegedly the “author of the composition is – Fikret Amirov.”
Irada Zeynalova, who is an Azerbaijani common Facebook user, pointed at the falsification fact. “Remove this post please. This music does not belong to Fikret Amirov. The music belongs to Armenian composer, and presentation of it with our flag is sacrilege,” she wrote.
Another Facebook user called Ilgar Bay wrote, “Dear admins, remove this fiction. Fikret Amirov has not written such piece of work. You are mistaken, and you mislead the others.”
Azerbaijani media repeatedly publish articles, the authors of which try to prove that the musical composition “Artsakh” does not belong to Ara Gevorgyan. Meanwhile, the composer stated that he had to wait for 9 months for securing the copyrights to his work “Artsakh” in 1998 in the U.S. Copyright Office in the library of the U.S. Congress, and in 1999 the album “Ani” (which includes also the composition “Artsakh”) was awarded the “Best Album of the Year” (USA). Gevorgyan stated he was ready for a trail; however the representatives of Azerbaijan, apparently taking into account the absence of the arguments, did not take legal action.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London