Kohar Symphony Orchestra conductor Sebouh Apkarian passes away
Artistic Director and Conductor of Kohar Symphony Orchestra and Choir Sebouh Apkarianpassed away at his home in Nicosia, Cyprus, on Monday, Aug 4, Asbarez reported.
Maestro Sebouh Apkarian was born in Cyprus. He was a composer, conductor, painter and educator. He founded the Armenian Radio Program at the Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation, where he served for 46 years.
He graduated the Melkonian Educational Institute where he also taught music and conducted the school choir, following the steps of his music teacher and mentor Vahan Bedelian. After the graduation, he continued his studies in Paris.
As an opera singer, he performed in Nicosia, Athens, Beirut, Aleppo, Cairo, and Paris.
He was the composer of many songs, choral works, chamber music, oratories, cantatas, symphonic suites, and musical caricatures. Many of these compositions have been performed in Tokyo, Paris, Cyprus, Beirut, and in cities throughout the U.S.
His work and performances with Kohar Symphony Orchestra and Choir are characterized by many as the most significant contribution towards the promotion of Armenian culture during the last decade.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London