Melikian, Shugaev and Arutyunyan to Perform in NY
NEW YORK (A.W.)—Distinguished young musicians Nune Melikian (violin), Nikolay Shugaev (cello), and Artem Arutyunyan (piano) will perform in New York on May 31.
The concert program includes works by Handel-Halvorsen, Scarlatti, Costelnuovo-Tedesco, Saint-Saens, Dvorak.
“I look forward to performing with two talented colleagues with whom I have studied more than 10 years ago,” said Melikian.
Violinist Melikian has won top prize of various international competitions including the Oistrakh International Competition in Moscow, the Andrea Postacchini International Competition, LISMA Foundation International competition, and the University of Montreal Concerto Competition. She has performed in venues around the world, including Carnegie Hall, Merkin City Hall, and the Bolshoy Hall.
Cellist Shugaev is a winner and laureate of many other international competitions, including VIII Concorso Internazionale Valsesia Musica, Concorso Internazionale Città di Pinerolo (WFIMC member), XII International Competition of chamber music in Krakow, International Music Competition “Paper da Musica” (Spain), 38e Concours International de Musique de Lausanne, Val Tidone International Music Competition.
Pianist Arutyunyan has performed at various venues in Moscow, including the major halls of the Moscow State Conservatory, Tchaikovsky Hall and Grand Hall of Gnessin Music Academy. In August 2013, he participated in the International Holland Music Sessions performing at various venues in the Netherlands. Arutyunyan has also participated in several international competitions including the First Balakirev Int’l Piano Competition in 2004, winning the Audience Choice Award.
The concert will be held at the Benzaquen Hall, the DiMenna Center for Classical Music, West 37th Street, New York, NY.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London