Under the leadership of Sergey Smbatyan a concert in the “Carnegie hall” took place.
On October 27 the Artistic Director and Cheif Conductor of the State Youth Orchestra of Armenia Sergey Smbatyan performed at one of the most prestigious platforms in the world of classical music – at New York’s “Carnegie Hall”, leading the Korean Chamber Orchestra. It should be mentioned that Sergey Smbatyan is the youngest Armenian conductor ever performing at “Carnegie Hall”. A famous singer Carly Paoli (mezzo-soprano), South Korean violinist Soyoung Yoon, one of the brightest musicians of her time and UNESCO’s Artists for Peace – Ino Mirkovic (violin), Milton Masciadri (double bass) and musical director Minh Kim took part in this concert. The concert included works of Piazzolla “Four Seasons”, Mendelssohn “Symphony No10” Schubert, Bottesini, Gershwin, Elgar and other composers. The two-part gala concert lasted about two and a half hours. The concert at “Carnegie Hall” was a part of the Korean Chamber Orchestra’s world tour dedicated to its’ 50th anniversary. The Korean Chamber Orchestra has a worldwide fame. By the way, in 2015 the Korean Chamber Orchestra has already presented two concerts together with Sergey Smbatyan: in January, in collaboration with world-famous Hollywood actor John Malkovich at Seoul Arts Center and in February in Moscow. The Korean Chamber Orchestra’s next concert led by maestro Smbatyan will be held on October 31, at “Jordan Hall” of New England Conservatory (Boston). The United States concerts are realized under the auspices of UNESCO and make a part of this international organization’s 70th anniversary. it should be noted that Sergey Smbatyan conducted such prestigious orchestras, as Dresden Philharmonic, Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra, Tampere Philharmonic, Symphony Orchestra of Mariinsky Theatre, German Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra of Polish National Radio, Moscow Philharmonic, Moscow State Academic Symphony Orchestra, Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra and many others, performing Armenian and worldwide musicians.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London