Youth Orchestra of Armenia to perform at international competition in Asia
The State Youth Orchestra of Armenia (SYOA) has been invited to perform at an international competition held in Asia. It says this is the first time an Armenian orchestra will take part in an international competition in Asia.
The SYOA will appear as the official orchestra of the 9th Frederic Chopin International Competition for Young Pianists in the city of Foshan, China.
From August 11 to 18, 2014, as the official orchestra, SYOA will perform within the framework of the international competition, widely recognized as a high status event in Asia, and will give two concerts presenting a unique concert program.
The Frederick Chopin International Competition for Young Pianists is one of the brightest and most important cultural events of the world. “It is truly an honor and an equally great responsibility to present the achievements of the century old Armenian performing school during such a significant event!” says a statement from SYOA.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London