Youth orchestra was ready to put its strengths to the test…
The State Youth Orchestra of Armenia gave another concert at Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall on May 5th.
The orchestra performed the 29th part of Rachmaninoff’s symphony poem entitled “Island of the Dead”.
The orchestra was performing the work for the first time ever.
The artistic director and conductor was Sergey Smbatyan.
In an interview with Eritasard.am, Sergey Smbatyan said the work was not only difficult, but was hard to understand as well. “However, it’s safe to say that the orchestra was ready to put its strengths to the test.”
Most of the people in the audience were young people.
Eritasard.am’s correspondent tried to get their feedback and see the youth orchestra through the youth’s eyes.
Shoghakat Tigranyan said she was very impressed. “I stayed until the end. I welcome the fact that Armenia has such talented young people.”
It should be mentioned that most Armenian young people still haven’t overcome the complexity of having their voices recorded, and that’s why many simply avoided expressing their opinions. Masha Mnjoyan, Sofi Mkheyan and Nazeni Hovhannisyan, who never miss the orchestra’s concerts, agreed to share their impressions.
“It was a great pleasure to attend the concert. The program was special in that it was in-depth and there were a lot of emotions,” Sofi Mkheyan says.
Nazeni Hovhannisyan said it was hard for her to share her impressions after listening to a performance of Rakhmaninoff. “One thing I’m happy about is that the youth orchestra takes the risk of performing difficult songs. I see the orchestra growing every day.”
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London