Armenia to Reveal Eurovision Song March 12
he six-member band Genealogy, who will represent Armenia in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest with “Don’t Deny,” will premiere the song on March 12 on Armenian public television and on theEurovision website.
The band comprises Mary-Jean O’Doherty Vasmatzian, who represents Australia, Stephanie Topalian from Japan representing Asia, Essaï Altounian representing Europe, Vahe Tilbian representing Africa, and Tamar Kaprelian who the Americas. The singer representing Armenia itself will be announced later.
“We have been collaborating with numerous Armenian composers and lyricists,” the head of the Armenian delegation to the song contest Gohar Gasparyan said. “This year I was especially thrilled with the fact that after our last year’s success in Eurovision there was a wave of excitement and desire to create a winning song. The creative team of AMPTV selected the song composed by Armen Martirosyan and lyricist Inna Mkrtchyan. This was the song to perfectly fit Eurovision song format and combine all 6 unique voices creating the desired atmosphere on the stage.”
“We decided to have a double premiere and present the song along with the music video considering that it is making a greater impact and is reinforcing the power of the narrative.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London