Arab sheikh invites theater festival participants to conference in Armenia
Dr Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, invited all the participants of the 13th Gulf Theatre Festival, which is running in Sharjah between 17-24 May, to accompany him to the International Theatre Conference, which will be convened in Armenia in November, The Gulf Today reported.
Receiving the festival participants, the sheikh urged for the creation of a pan-GCC theatre institute to oversee the theatrical movement in the Gulf region and advance it through supporting theatre companies and stakeholders in order to promote this art which is receding.
“As theatre is the mother of all arts, we as officials should give attention to its content which contribute to educating members of the community, however different in social ranking, advancing their taste for arts and to enlightening them,” said Sheikh Sultan.
Sheikh Sultan also gave an account of his personal experience with theatre and told his audience about what inspired him to study drama and to write literary works.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London