Teni’s New Surprise
Teni Matian’s unique and original dances are very popular.
The gifted dance instructor has an original style and gives interesting solutions. Teni’s students presented her new dance at Ayb School today and, as always, they raised everyone’s eyebrows.
“My students are my motivation. Recently I was working with the British Council as part of a program devoted to persons with and without limited abilities, and it was in the course of that program when I came up with the idea of creating this dance,” Teni mentioned, adding that the dance takes place in a building where each dancer has his small corner, except for one person.
Second-year student of the Faculty of Dance Directing at Yerevan State Institute of Theater and Cinema Tatevik Mikayelyan is that “homeless person”, who tries to find herself and her home throughout the performance. “During the performance, each person add color to my life, and that helps me get a home,” Tatevik mentioned, adding that Teni is original and that there is no headmaster, persona and director like her.
The performance stunned the audience right from the start, and the people in the audience perceived it in a new way along with every move and sound.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London