Days Dedicated to Anri Verno held in Yerevan
From 2 to 5 of April in Yerevan will be held days dedicated to Anri Verno (Ashot Malakyan) the director of one of the most watched films called “Mayrik” (The second part called “588 Parade Street”), that was shot over 25 years ago. Armenian famous director’s son Patrick Malakyan and his family members are also in Yerevan to take part in the event. The presentation of the republished book of the artist called “Mayrik” took place on April 2. By the way, the book was first published in 1988 in USA and the translation from French to Armenian belongs to Sofik Avagyan. The Honoured Art Worker of RA, professor, dean of Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography and also a cinematographer Anna Yerznkyan also made a speech at the presentation of the film “Mayrik” about Anri Verno’s life and activity. Note, that Anri Verno’s Days in Yerevan have been organized by the initiative of the Ministry of Culture of RA.
On 4 April, at 16:30, the street adjacent to the one of Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography/ 26 Amiryan st., / will be formally named by Anri Verno’s name, where the monument of French-Armenian cinema worker will be opened as well. The architect Tigran Barseghyan will perform with opening discource beside the monument. Besides, the cinema hall on the 2nd floor of Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography will also be renamed in honor of Anri Verno, where David Muradyan the head of the Institute will take part with his speech, then a meeting will be held between the honorable guests and students. Later, an evening devoted to Anri Verno will be taken place in the hall of Nationwide theatre and some parts from his biography will be presented.
Dedicated- to –Director days will be concluded with the artist’s films screening: on April 5, from 12:00-18:00 pm at Nationwide theatre will be shown the following films by Anri Verno’s “The Fear Wrapped the City ”/1975/, “My Enemy’s Body” /1976/, “And as Ikaros” /1979/, “The Music in the Cellar” /1963/, “The Family Word” /1991-1992/.
The entrance is free.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London