“Focus on Armenia”. International Human Rights Film Festival Launched in Argentina with Armenian Movies
The 16th edition of the International Human Rights Film Festival (FICDH) organized by the DerHumALC Multimedia Institute and sponsored by Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo, Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, Relatives of the Disappeared and Detained for Political Reasons and the Armenian National Committee of South America was launched in Argentina.
According to the information reported by Asbarez.com, one of the festival sections will be the “Focus on Armenia”. The Armenian films to be screened are “A World Without Men”, “Beyond the Ararat”, “Memories without Borders”, and “Tevanik”. Carolina Karagueuzian, Director of the Armenian National Committee of Buenos Aires and one of the jury members of the festival, said that the films related to Armenia “are materials that account the current consequences of this genocide that even today, after almost a century, remains unpunished and continually denied by its perpetrator, the Turkish State and, in recent years, with the support of its strategic partner, Azerbaijan.”
Vera Jarach, member of Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, said in its turn that it is important to remember in this festival, which focuses on the Armenian Genocide, that the genocide was completely unpunished. There were trials, but there was also denial . Florencia Santucho, the festival director, detailed that they will screen 112 films from 39 countries in a total of eleven cultural centers.
The opening ceremony was attended by important figures and defenders of human rights, like the President of Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo Estela de Carlotto, Vera Jarach and Nora Cortinas, representatives of Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, the organizations that search the stolen and illegally adopted children of the Argentine Dirty War. The event was also attended by Judge Daniel Rafecas, Undersecretary for Human Rights and Cultural Pluralism of the City of Buenos Aires Claudio Avruj, member of Human Rights Secretary of Argentina Carlos Pisoni, along with Alfonso Tabakian and Carolina Karagueuzian, from the Armenian National Committee of South America.
DerHumALC Multimedia Institute is an organization created in 1999 in Argentina to “strengthen the treatment and study of topics on human rights from civil society.”
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London