Kate Winslet is among the nominees for the “Oscar” for the role of Armenian woman
The Academy Awards, “Oscar” most prestigious nomination results have been already announced in the Best Supporting Actress category. Kate Winslet is also among the nominees for the role of Joanna Hoffman in Steve Jobs’ biographical drama. In the film, Joan Hoffman is an Armenian. She is one of the team members involved in the creation of Macintosh computers. The heroine is also an assistant to Steve Jobs.
Few days ago this role has already brought the «Golden Globe» to the actress, wining in the Best Supporting Actress nomination.
Roony Mara («Carol»), Alicia Vikander («The Danish girl»), Rachel Mcadams («Southpaw») and Jennifer Jason Leigh (« The Hateful Eight») are also nominated in the same category.
The 28th «Oscar» awards ceremony will take place on February 28.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London