Kamp Armen Attacked; Two Activists Beaten
Kamp Armen, where the Nor Zartonk movement has been staging sit-ins for the past 100 days to prevent the authorities from tearing down the Armenian site, was attacked on Thursday evening, according to a post on the group’s official Facebook page.
According to the post, which is n Turkish, at 11:30 p.m. local time, two cars approached the entrance of the camp and proceeded to beat the Nor Zartonk volunteers who are keeping an overnight guard at the facility with sticks. The post said that two people were beaten, but the attack was repelled.
Calling the attack a “manifestation of genocidal mentality,” the Nor Zartonk movement said the incident has not broken the group’s resolve to continue their campaign to Save Kamp Armen.
“We call on the public to continue with the same resolve. We invite the community to continue to support the Save Kamp Armen movement,” said the group’s Facebook post.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London