It’s not convenient for Armenian honored artists to answer questions connected with high electricity rates
Yesterday at night we saw that some MPs, artists, and show-business representatives joint Armenian youth on Baghramyan street, where young people protest against high electricity rates and they made a ‘’living wall’’, in order to prevent the friction between the police and youth.
Some people said that it’s a merely PR action that is well thought by the artists. Not going into details of this question, nevertheless we must mention the fact, that these people came to support the citizens, but where were the others, for example Shushan Petrosyan, singer, honored artist of Armenia, a member of Parliament, and other honored artists’, such as Hayko, Nune Yesayan, etc. who previously tried to position themselves close with peoples’ sentiments.
In order to find out the answer, we called some of these artists. It’s very interesting, whether their cellphones were inaccessible by chance or perhaps they thought that journalists will annoy them with such questions…
After trying to call Shushan Petrosyan for some times, she took the telephone and knowing that it’s a journalist on the line, she turned busy with no time to talk, asking to call later. Thereafter I finally reached her again as the singer/MP suggested, but she told me that I disturb her, although she wondered about the reason of such call. When I told her that the conversation will be about the high rates of electricity, she continued saying that she is busy and turned off the phone.
It was easier to call Nune Yesayan, but she also hung up when I told her the topic of the conversation. She said that she is not answering to such questions by phone, even if it will take from her only few minutes.
Ani Rapyan (Culture.AM)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London