Jewish Community Relations Council of Atlanta Passes Armenian Genocide Resolution
This week, the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of Atlanta adopted a resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, reported the Armenian Assembly of America.
As Massispost.com reports, Dr. Vahan Kassabian, Armenian Assembly State Chair for Georgia, presented the Armenian Genocide at the JCRC-Atlanta town-hall meeting. In Dr.Kassabian’s words it was an honor educating the Atlanta Jewish community about the Armenian Genocide.
“The unanimous adoption of this measure illustrates the growing importance of increasing anti-genocide advocacy in our local communities,” Kassabian said.
“The proposal calls for recognizing the genocide carried out by Turkey and for pushing the United States to call it genocide,” according to a report in the Atlanta Jewish Times.
The adoption of the Armenian Genocide centennial resolution by the JCRC-Atlanta adds to the growing trend of Jewish American advocacy in support of U.S. reaffirmation of the Armenian Genocide. In April, Dr. Kassabian helped organize the Armenian Genocide centennial commemoration of Atlanta which was hosted by the Breman Museum, and cosponsored by the Armenian Assembly of America, Hemshech, Interfaith Community Initiatives, and the Georgia Coalition to Prevent Genocide.
“We applaud the JCRC-Atlanta for adopting this important and timely measure,” stated Assembly Board Co-Chair Anthony Barsamian. “The JCRC has been a leading advocate of human rights across the U.S. and the full adoption of this resolution in October will be a fitting testament to the cause of genocide prevention,” Barsamian said.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London