Armenians of France Protest Persecution of Iraqi Yezidis
By Jean Eckian
On August 1, in Paris, some 1,200 people demonstrated against recent attacks by the Islamic State (IS) against the Yezidi community in Iraq.
The demonstrators assembled at the Place du Chatelet represented several Kurdish organizations, human rights groups, the Communist Party, the Yezidi community and the Coordinating Council of Armenian organizations of France (CCAF).
In his speech, CCAF Co-Chair Ara Toranian expressed the “sense of horror and indignation of the Armenian community witnessing such mass crimes.”
Praising the resistance of the Kurdish people Toranian noted: “Is it acceptable 100 years after the Armenian genocide that we should see this sad spectacle of refugees fleeing their own land to escape the destructive effects of a violent and unenlightened ideology and unenlightened?”
Toranian concluded: “Yes we support you in your struggle not only because you yourselves are in danger, but because we continue to defend a vision of the interests of the region to which we are very attached.”
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London