Jordan’s cultural days in Armenia to start Saturday
AMMAN – Minister of Culture Lana Mamkegh is heading a Jordanian delegation participating in “Jordan’s Cultural Days” in Armenia, which will kick off Saturday, according to a ministry’s statement.
The weeklong event is the fruit of an agreement signed previously by the two countries.
Mamkegh was quoted in the statement as saying that during a visit she paid to Armenia two months ago, her Armenian counterpart, Hasmik Poghosyan, expressed her country’s wish to host Jordanian cultural presentations in her country.
Jordan will showcase performances by Ramtha Folklore Dance Group, a traditional fashion show by designer Hana Murad Mahani, two photo exhibition featuring Jordan’s history, nature and culture by Zohrab and Jihad Jbara and five Jordanian films that have received international applause.
The minister described the visit as “a significant step to enhance the deep-rooted cultural ties with Armenia, especially in light of the contributions of Jordanians of Armenian origin to Jordan’s cultural landscape”.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London