Pope Francis will celebrate Mass for the Armenian Genocide Centennial on 2015
Pope Francis will celebrate Mass for the Armenian Genocide centennial in the Basilica of San Pedro on April 12, 2015, as announced by the Cardinal Archbishop of Buenos AiresMario Poli during a mass in the Armenian Catholic Parish of Our Lady of Narek on Sunday 17th August.
“The Pope replied to the invitation from the Armenian Catholic Church a year ago through the Patriarch Nerses Bedros XIX to celebrate a mass for the recognition of the Genocide,” stated the pastor of Narek, Pablo Hakimian, when asked by Prensa Armenia.
During the meeting with the Patriarch of Cilicia of the Armenians Nerses Bedros XIX Tarmourini in June last year, Francisco also received the daughter of a surviving family of the Armenian genocide, he heard her, took her hand and said: “It was the first genocide of the twentieth century.” This gesture draw criticism from Turkey, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement considering that “the expressions of Pope Francis are absolutely unacceptable.”
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Թուրքիայում վաճառքի է հանվել հայ վարպետի պատրաստած երաժշտական գործիք
- Composer and pianist Tatev Amiryan will perform a benefit concert in San Francisco
- Тhe new album of Alexander Arutiunian’s music will soon be available in the world leading music stores
- Shahen Shahinyan was re-elected as the rector of Conservatory
- The film ‘’Ashough Gharib’’ by Sergey Parajanov will be shown in Turkey
- It is planned to develop a tourism development plan for Ashtarak
- Racist scraping appeared again on the wall of Armenian school in Istanbul
- Armenian Culture Days held in Egypt
- National Academic Theatre after Gabriel Sundukyan is ready for operation after renovation
- Aramyants’ mansion from the perspective of tourism industry development can be very attractive. Prime Minister
- System of a Down will release a new album
- Dmitry Shostakovich and Johannes Brahms compositions at Khachaturian’s Festival
- The President of Belgium Senate visited the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- Painter Bill Plympton's visit to Armenia is finished
- 200-year-old Armenian rock-cut church is being destroyed by Kurdish embezzlers
- Dresden Symphonic Orchestra invited Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be present at the concert dedicated to Armenian Genocide
- The Spain Malaga city recognized Armenian Genocide
- Dee Dee Bridgewater: ''Yerevan became for me a source of inspiration for new creative ideas ''
- An event dedicated to 25th anniversary of Armenia's independence in London